Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Eighteenth Day AKA The Final Day

 Happy birthday to my friend and sister Xiaohong!! I love you so much!! I hope one day we can actually spend your birthday together! I ams so thankful that you are in my life!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Wow. It's the last day.

I woke up around 10. I guess I was tired from our late night dance party/ blimey cow video marathon. That was fun. Since I woke up 2 hours before noon and we were invited to eat at the grandparents' house, I just had a pudding for breakfast.

Baby Libby stayed home so I had Harold the Bunny stay with her and babysit.

 Our lunch. They live here.

This is what they looked like. They're pigeons by the way.

They tasted okay, I guess. I wasn't really hungry. I think I was in my mood that I always have before I leave because I'll miss everyone a lot. The grandparents gave me chocolate and said good-bye and I promised to visit if.. when I am in Germany again.

Then, we drove to an island and the sun actually came out. 

There was a lighthouse and it was very nice. 

The water was cold but the sand was warm and I liked it.

I'm going to miss this girl a lot!!


We walked out to this island thing away from the shore. If you look closely you can see us walking in the bottom left and posing in the top picture.

Lisa built a "castle" and Mutti took a nap.

We ate ice cream.

As we were walking back to our car, we saw Herr G and Herr Milde driving with Baby Henrik and probably Madame G too to the beach. We waved.

Then, we went shopping for some snacks for me to take tomorrow and we dropped Lisa off for her 3 hour classroom driving lesson. 

I came home and had three pieces of strawberry cake. Yum!

Then I waited for Lisa to get home and blogged and listened to music and packed and slept a little.

We had dinner and I got presents. 

So pretty.

I got a keychain and a secret letter we can only open at home (which I almost forgot to pack).

And a wallet. I've been looking for a wallet this whole trip and yesterday I found one but Lisa told me I had to go look at newspapers and so I did and I got it now :D I also got 1 cent because when you give a wallet as a gift you're supposed to put a cent in it and then it will always be full. Yay!

My fat 26 kg suitcase. That's 3 kg overweight :(

It was only about 17 kg before when I came here so I was a little surprised. But because it was too heavy, I had to take stuff out. We decided that I would take a bigger, old backpack they had and put extra things in that. I took out some books and a pair of shoes and then I realized that the brochures I had weighed a lot too so I'm leaving about half here. Now it is exactly 23 kg so I really really hope they let it pass. 

 My big old bag.

And now the day is done. I will write more on the plane and at home about the trip but I can't believe it's over.

And I really hate this feeling. The feeling where I am super sad to leave but really glad to finally get to go home. It's really really bittersweet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment